Posted on 9th March 2020 at 09:00
Are you dragging a heavy load of pain with you as you go about life?
Here are some signs:
1. You find it harder to be amused by jokes or things meant to be funny.
2. You’re tired and irritable but don’t understand why.
3. There are certain topics/songs/films/places you avoid because they remind you of something uncomfortable in your past.
4. You seem to be angry at something but you can’t put your finger on what that is.
5. You numb out on TV, food, your phone or other “guilty pleasures” whenever you start to feel sad.
All of us are burdened by certain events or relationships that weigh us down. The trouble is, over time we get so used to carrying this extra weight that we don’t even notice it’s there anymore (or remember how it got there).